Categories: Case Studies, How To, Implementation, | Sun, 31 May 2020 17:00:00 GMT
Blogs > https://www.sociallyconstructed.online/blogs/rias-first-week-for-google-summer-of-code
Last week we announced we had just started a journey with a talented Software Developer, Ria Gupta, to implement the Social Currency Metrics System in the GrimoireLabs open-source community metrics program at CHAOSS Project.
This week was Ria’s first week and in this blog series we are cross-posting Ria’s personal blog detailing every step of the process!
Here is Week 1: The community bonding, “getting to know y’all” period!
This blog has been cross-posted from Ria’s blog with her permission…
Series Blog Contents:
Check here for all published blogs.
Announcement: Ria’s Journey begins!
Week 1: Ria’s 1st week
Week 2: The SCMS in Airtable
Week 3: Preparations & Superheroes
Week 4: Putting Code to PIxel
Week 5: The SCMS Data’s Alive!
Week 6: Airtable to Google Sheets
Week 7: Our 1st Visualizations
He gave excellent advice to make a project log Github repository and keep updating it with time. It can act like a project-tracker repository and will make it easier to track the project’s developments. It will contain all blogs and a summary of all weekly meetings.
On Tuesday I met the rest of my mentors. It was absolutely a pleasure meeting them. We had a friendly session to discuss how things are going to look in the next three months. I bombarded them with my multiple questions about SCMS(Social Currency Metric System), to which they explained the concepts and the idea behind the metric system in greater detail. We discussed some details on communication platforms and blog details too.
- Communication platform — Google Hangouts for instant assistance.
- Meeting Schedule — Friday, 19hr30–20hr30 (IST) / 16hr-17hr (CEST)
- Make a project tracker repository for easily tracking the progress. (You can find it here)
- Write Weekly Blogs and publish it on CHAOSS community blog page, SociallyConstructed blog page.
- Send updates to CHAOSS mailing list once in every Coding Period.
The Community-Bonding Plan:
- Creating a backend for Marvel API
- Extract comics from there using grimoirelab/perceval.
- Create raw/enrich connectors for the Marvel backend.
- Create a dashboard for visualisations
- Try to understand SCMS through Social Capital Theory.